Monday, February 11, 2008

Cathy's Can of Worms: WoRMs maKe ME cRAzy! CrAzy! I was crAzY once....


I have been playing around with my blog and wanted to post, but was really disappointed in myself. "Cathy.... doesn't have pictures?" People who know me would be in shock. I am a picture-taking FREAK!
I had to laugh when I looked at the pictures that were on my camera. I found some stupid pictures I had taken of my neighbors cars, (in my opinion) overstepping their bounds. It stupidly enough really bothers me. My husband and I are complete opposites in this regard. And how quickly I get aggravated about stuff like this is probably number one on his list of things he doesn't like about me. This subject opens up a big can of worms.
Don't get me wrong--- I love my house. I am grateful for my home. To try to make my point when I say this... I like the (inside) of my house. The whole outside set-up of my house drives me INSANE! I never would have envisioned me in a set-up like this. It was supposed to be temporary. So hopefully it still is. We purchased this home with the intent of just staying a couple of years, and then working our way up in the world.
I can't even start to describe the set-up. To try to put it simply... when I back my car out of our garage-- if I reverse straight I drive on my neighbors driveway. And if he's parked a car there, some maneuvering is in order. I don't have a driveway. So I don't have an option of parking my car in front of our garage, I have to park IN, the garage. And according the Home Owners Covenants (or whatever they are, HOA stuff) you have to be able to park your car in your garage, it is not supposed to be used to store stuff. Funny huh? Or maybe normal. So I believe I am right in being frustrated by my nice neighbors cars! The task of backing up to leave my home isn't as simple as it could be.
Why the pictures? I take them with the intention of writing our HOA board and complaining. But, I don't think that I will ever compose anything... because I think my neighbor is nice, and I would like to be a nice neighbor myself. So what do I do?
I guess I just took these pictures to ease my frustration, and for the most part it did. But then I had to find the pictures on my camera, which unfortunately opened that cAN of wOrMs! AHHHHHH!

1 comment:

Loughmiller's said...

i saw your blog on Stacy's. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. CUTE! CUTE! So you are still in Las Vegas. We only live 3 hours away. We also live in the desert, but we are in CA. HOT HOT! I felt bad for you when you moved to NV, and I feel sorry for me too. :) I hope all is well.