Friday, August 15, 2008

The Last of Our Clan


(click on image to view larger)

On April 9th I was in the check out line at the dollar store and I spotted a pregnancy test. I hadn’t been feeling well and the test was only a dollar so I bought one. When I got home I took the test and it came back positive. It was a test from the Dollar Tree, and since it was only a dollar I went back the next day and bought another one. Both tests came up with the pink lines in the C and T areas. I am pregnant. I told Eric that night when he came home from work.

My first OB appointment was on July 1st. My Doctor performs mini ultrasounds at the first few appointments during a pregnancy, so she took some 1st pictures for me (see above).

TODAY -- The Ultrasound Technician said that the baby measures about 11 inches long and weighs a little over 1 pound. I am approximately 22 weeks and 4 days pregnant, which makes my due date on December 15th. By the end of this year we will have a new baby girl! On the right side of the layout the top two pictures are of the babys side profile. She is cute already. The middle picture is a shot of her cute little foot. And the last ... shows us she is a GIRL !

16 comments:

Jamie said...

Congratulations! I am so glad you are going to have 5, now I won't feel so crazy when I think about having my 5th!

Stacy Pincock said...

I am so excited for you!!!!!! I hope everything goes well! I miss you. Don't you just love the cheap pregnancy tests from the dollar store!!!

~The Brown Family~ said...

Yay!! That is so exciting! Congrats! It just feels like you had a baby- how crazy time flies and our babies are walking! We are considering another, so we will see!! So happy for you guys!!!

Loughmiller's said...

How exciting. I go to the dollar store too. They work, and they are only a buck. Your family is adorable.

Erica Roberts said...

So excited for you guys!!! More girls... love it!! I am also excited that you have a blog I can blog stock. Keep the updates coming. Take care.

Weaver's Web said...

Ok scanning a pregnancy test...GROSS! That's awesome though. I can't believe you didn't put it on your blog earlier!!! Good luck!

Weaver's Web said...

You scanned a pregnancy test...GROSS! Congrats. I can't believe you waited so long to tell us.

Longshanks said...

Congrats. That is wonderful news. However, I am not going to tell Kate. I'm sure you know why...

Heather Jones said...

I am so glad I checked your blog! Yeah that is so exciting, was this a surprise? That is so fun I can't believe you will have five I think you will win for the most kids out of our friends right now. Ihope you are feeling ok I will get the up date from your mom!!

Anna said...

I never got a chance to tell you congrats! Alyssa said poor Christian cried again when you told him it was a girl. Poor little fella!

Laura said...

Not sure I have your e-mail here (not on my own computer until next week) BUT CONGRATS! You`ll have to update your blog again.. how are you feeling? You defintily have to girl thing down. I am just figuring out and learning all the drama with a girl - We are excited close on our house Mon and will be calling somewhere home and being able to settle down a bit!

Heather Jones said...

I decided to go private because weird people from Serbia and Austria have been looking at our blog and clicking on pictures of my kids. It freaked us out so we are going private for awhile. If you want to send me your e-mail I will add you. If you have anyone else's e-mail that may want to look at our blog let me know Thanks!!! our email is thkjones@yahoo.com

Erin Cox said...

Congratulations!!! This is so exciting! It must be an epidemic! You're the fourth person I know of to be having a baby in the spring! Good luck! Miss you guys!

Erin Cox said...

Okay - I'm brain dead! I thought you were DUE in April, not that you took a TEST in April!! Wow - you're really good at keeping a secret! Here's to the WINTER baby!

Erica Roberts said...

Updates please? How are you all doing?

Jules said...

Cathy,
I am so happy for you. I'm sure by now that you are probably getting very excited and ready to meet this little girl. It was fun for me to read your blog and I hope that things go well for you and the baby. We miss you here! Julie Bollinger