Thursday, August 7, 2008

My WORK trip to Puerto Rico


So, I currently have the difficult task of attending an AIA conference in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I thought I would include a picture of me hard at work.
In all seriousness, this is a great opportunity (again) to represent the state of Nevada with the State Government Network of the American Institute of Architects. I am staying at a great hotel called "La Concha" and it is located right on the beach... I admit, it looks like a great vacation; but, some socially retarded individual put a conference room on the top floor with panorama windows overlooking the lovely beach. I get to spend 10 hours a day in meetings in that room, watching other people have the great vacation I wish I was having!


I also thought I would try another approach in flying out here and took a red-eye flight last night from Vegas to JFK in New York. It is then another 3.5 hour flight from JFK to San Juan. All told, I managed a meager 3 hours of interupted sleep and arrived in San Juan at 10 0'clock this morning ready to attend a day full of meetings. What you see here, is my 1-hour of caribbean pleasure before I passed out from exhaustion!


I'll try to post more pictures throughout the trip.




1 comment:

Jeremiah Bowles said...

Make sure you stop by my wife's family and say hello.
Its been a few years since weve been there.
It was Dec. when we were there last. Are you enjoying the Rainy season? it rained 5 of the 11 days I was there.

Jeremiah